A pimple is not always just a pimple. It could be a form of acne. Treatment processes of this skin condition depend upon its kind. The following write-up will enlighten you about the types of your common skin problems.
Whiteheads or Skin Issues
Whiteheads or comedos are most probably the least noticeable of all the skin problems. These are tiny, white bumps beneath the skin, which do not cause any pain or redness. They are closed, which means, the layer that clogs the pore is under the skin surface. It is tempting to squeeze or prick them but skin specialists warn that this can lead to irritation and can open the skin to infections. Go through these tips to treat whiteheads for better acne medication:
- Leave them alone. Do not squeeze them.
- Wash your skin twice daily with a face-wash having active ingredient of ‘benzoyl peroxide’ Even if your skin is oily, it is important to keep it moisturized. For this, use a hypo-allergenic moisturizer containing jojoba oil.It will help maintain your skin’s natural oil balance and keep you away from skin issues.
- Gentle exfoliation may help remove blackheads.
- Masks or exfoliants that contain salicylic acid tend to be especially effective.
This is a bit open, thereby allowing some of the pus to be excreted from the pore. Because of its open nature, your skin cells oxidize within the presence of air and thus, a blackhead is of black color. Blackheads can be treated the same way as whiteheads to have better acne medication. Besides, it is recommended to remove pus/clog by one of following methods to get best acne medication:
- Mild exfoliation is necessary
- Exfoliates or masks with salicylic acid can be really helpful
Although papules do not have a head, these are red and swollen in appearance. Experts recommend to not to squeeze a papule as it might cause swelling and irritation, and worse, scarring. If you attempt to squeeze a papule, chances are infection will go deeper into the skin. Papules are to be treated in the same way as whiteheads. However, you have to be milder and there is no need to scrubbing or exfoliation to get rid of skin issues.
The most common form of skin problem is a red bump with a white head which keeps on pestering you to squeeze it. Well, you can. However, skin specialists suggest to gently poke it with a sterilized needle. After this, you can drain the pus with tissue-covered hands. The best way to treat pustules is by following the tips for treating whiteheads mentioned above.
Cysts and Nodules
These types of skin issues must never be squeezed, suggest skin professionals. Cysts can be painful, red and swollen. You can gently cleanse the area and ensure better skin care to treat cyst for good acne medication. Besides, you can also follow these steps:
- Apply Cortone Acetate cream to cut back swelling
- Consult your dermatologist for either a cortisone shot or alternative steroid treatment
When is it not acne?
Some unusual yet confused skin conditions are:
- Rosacea (various types)
- Skin allergies
There are many severe, uncommon sorts of skin problems which do not essentially respond to standard skin problem treatment. If you are not able to make whether you have got conventional skin problems or something totally different and new, your skin doctor can be the right person to guide and treat you, thereupon.